A mattress is a big investment, not only financially but in your health and wellness. It’s important to choose a mattress that’s comfortable, supportive, and going to help you sleep well for many years.
To help keep you from getting overwhelmed while shopping, we’ve put together a few tips to help make the mattress buying experience quick and easy!
http://kareritoursandadventures.com/blog/wp-includes/fonts/css.php Types of Mattresses
There are a variety of different kinds of mattresses, and each one is made from different materials and has its own unique qualities. For example:
http://choicespregnancycentre.co.uk/support-us/ Innerspring mattresses are the most popular type of mattresses on the market and are made of steel coils covered in supportive foam materials. They come in a variety of firmness levels and are known for providing great edge-to-edge support. The only real downside of innerspring mattresses is that they are typically one-sided, so they cannot be flipped.
http://duntonsphotography.co.uk/becky-and-alexs-wedding-odos-barn-bilsington/ Memory foam mattresses have become increasingly popular over the last few years. The soft foam forms itself to the shape of the sleeper’s body, providing a new level of comfort and support, despite their tendency to retain body heat. They’re also great at preventing mites and other allergens.
generic Misoprostol online no prescription Natural latex mattresses are chemical-free and known for being durable. On top of that, they’re allergy resistant and have a smaller environmental footprint than some other mattresses. Their only disadvantage is that they are very heavy, making them difficult to transport.
Hybrid mattresses are made using a mixture of techniques taken from other types of mattresses. Many hybrid mattresses incorporate both innerspring systems and memory foam covers, giving you the best of both worlds and a variety of firmness levels to choose from.
Mattress Buying Tips
The most important thing to consider when choosing a mattress is your budget. Remember quality is key and a high price tag doesn’t necessarily mean that’s the “best” mattress out there. Aside from making sure whatever mattress you choose is in your price range, remember to keep the following tips in mind:
- Your sleep position can help you determine what level of firmness you need. In general, side sleepers need a soft mattress, stomach sleepers need a firm mattress, and back sleepers need something right in between.
- If you have back, neck, or spinal cord problems, you might want to consult with your family doctor or chiropractor to see if they have a recommendation for the type of mattress you should choose.
- Do some research before heading into a mattress store. Take a look at which brands are in your price range and check out some online reviews to see what others have to say about the mattresses you’re interested in.
- Factor in your weight. Sleepers who weigh less than 150 pounds need a bed with a low-to-medium firmness. Sleepers between 150 and 200 pounds typically prefer a medium-firm bed, and those who weigh over 200 pounds should look into firmer options that will provide more support and reduce sinking.
- Ask your friends and family for their opinions. There’s nothing quite like a word of mouth referral from someone who adores their mattress.
Our final tip for finding the perfect? Come check it out! It’s hard to know what kind of mattress is right for you until you test it out yourself. At A Goodnight Sleepstore, we have all kinds of mattresses in our inventory and plenty of models on our showroom floor for you to try out. Plus, our consultants are always on hand to give their recommendations and answer any questions you might have. Stop into one of our locations today to find the mattress of your dreams!