Have you ever shopped for a new mattress before? Have you ever put in hours, days, or weeks researching, only to wind up spending 8 to 10 years with a mattress that gives you poor sleep? If so, you’ll know that choosing the right mattress is complicated because there are so many brands, features, and model names to keep track of. All you want is a good night’s sleep and a good value! So what can you do?
A Goodnight Sleepstore has lots of resources to help you choose the right mattress for your lifestyle and preferences. But there are a few basic elements you can consider to ensure you’re getting off on the right foot. These simple ideas will tell you what you need to know to make sure you select a mattress that will have you sleeping like a baby for the next decade.
- Make sure that your mattress store has a good selection and reliable brands. More variety means there’s a greater chance of finding a bed that meets all your criteria.
- Any good mattress store will let you lay down on their mattresses. It’s actually recommended that you lay for 15 minutes on each side. (I know – that’s a lot!) But this is a serious investment, so you should be prepared for some serious shopping. If you don’t settle into the mattress, you can’t know if it will provide sufficient support.
- Think about your existing mattress before you head out to the store. When you’re lying in bed, consider as many aspects of comfort as you can. Ask yourself these questions.Make sure to consider the same elements in the store that you noticed at home. Don’t rush through the process, and don’t settle for less. You’ll know your perfect mattress when you feel it.
- Is your bed too hard or soft?
- Are you too warm or cool?
- Do you wake up whenever your spouse moves?
- Does your mattress offer enough support?
- Do you have muscle aches or back pain in the morning?
- Don’t be afraid to be selfish. Ensuring great sleep is an investment in your quality of life. You’re about to spending 1/3 of your life over several years on this mattress, so choose wisely! And if you and your spouse are at opposite ends of the spectrum, you might want to consider an adjustable bed.
Now that you know what to expect, you can shop for a mattress with confidence. To jumpstart your search for the perfect mattress, visit A Goodnight Sleepstore near you and talk to one of our knowledgeable sleep specialists. We’ll help you make sure you’re considering every factor that will lead you to your perfect mattress.